Agoda Hotels

Saturday 29 November 2014

From the Fifth Corner


Hi there. My name is Matt and I am a serial traveller.


I always liked the idea of travelling, but never did I imagine I would end up doing this much. In 2008, I landed a job with a company that makes equipment for the mining industry, and this required me to take to the skies to service and maintain the equipment that we had sold. As a result, to date, I have been to almost 30 countries, and mostly to the out-of-the-way places within those countries where the mines tend to be. I try to take in some of the tourist sites along the way, but mostly, I end up in places a long way from where the everyday tourist would imagine going. Hence, the origin of the address of my blog (and this, the first post).

I am currently 30 years old and based in Adelaide, Australia - not that I spend a lot of time there. I was convinced to start a blog (albeit, 6 years after starting my world travels) by my girlfriend, Avy, as a good way to record my trips to places that most tourists don't go. As I am starting this so far through my adventures, I have quite a bit of backtracking to do in adding posts. But as I travel solo, this will keep me entertained on those quiet nights in!

So please, have a read and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. ahhh I love reading your post!!
    Can't wait for more!!

    ReplyDelete